“Cursed be the cheat who has a male in his flock, and vows it, and yet sacrifices to the Lord what is blemished. For I am a great King, says the Lord of hosts, and My name will be feared among the nations.” – Malachi 1:14
Let’s face it, we too quickly read this and skip over it, guessing this just means we need to dig deeper next time the offering plate goes by while in our pews. What about reckless and prayerful giving of our first fruits? What about getting on our knees before the Lord and asking for His plan for our lives, not just our money?
I’ve been challenged in God’s Word this morning from the book of Malachi regarding the areas where I can really use growth, as I believe we all need growth here, to ready the human heart for the heart of Jesus Christ!
- Humble and blood-washed spiritual leadership – under-shepherds/pastors/small-group leaders
- Worship that is sanctified to truly treasure and hold up the character and majesty of our holy God in Christ
- Marriages carefully looked after and divorce courageously avoided at all costs, prevented at every turn
- Social justice uplifted and many, many hours spent each week truly demonstrating God’s heart through our lives each week
- Giving that is of the first-fruits, and prayerfully done not as a duty or even for sure into an offering plate, but prayerfully considered before our holy God
May we be overwhelmed by God in His Word this week, friends. May we be leaders who submit to our holy God and know the power of the Holy Spirit as we encounter the living God in the Word. Jesus promised us the Holy Spirit. Are we benefiting from this promised presence of the Holy One?
May the cheat be quiet and sit back as God’s Word is praised and raised up!
May pastors and small group leaders all over California and beyond submit to the holy God Who alone is worthy of all our praise and adoration!
Following the Redeemer with you, friends,